What Is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration. More than 10,000 organisations globally trust IELTS, so when you take the test you can be confident that it is recognized by educational institutions, employers, governments and professional bodies around the world.
As one of the pioneers of four skills English language testing 30 years ago, IELTS continues to set the standard for English language testing today. Governments in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom use IELTS to process immigration applications. Universities and immigration requirements have different qualifying score bands.
IELTS has been developed by some of the world’s leading language assessment experts and will test the full range of English skills needed for success in your new job or study placement abroad.
- You’ll be assessed on the following elements:
- The validity of IELTS test score is 2 yrs.
- There are two IELTS tests available – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. The test you choose should be based on what it is you want to do.
• IELTS Academic – measures whether your level of English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. It reflects aspects of academic language and evaluates whether you’re ready to begin
training or studying.
• IELTS General Training – measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.